Archive for November, 2009
Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 November 2009 11:57 Written by admin Wednesday, 18 November 2009 11:57
If you are looking for a means to earn money online working at home then to earn money on eBay may what you’ve been looking for. eBay is still among the top contenders for easy, fast, profitable start up businesses.
Success is not guaranteed, it never is, but when compared to other business models, eBay is a reasonable challenge for anyone who wants to earn money online working at home. With all businesses though, prior research can help increase your odds for success.
Many people jump right in by simply picking a product they like and trying to push it off. My suggestion however, is to start by subscribing to eBay’s market research tool for ten dollars a month. You wont earn money on ebay by picking the expensive items first until you know the ins and outs of running a business on ebay.
This tool gives you the opportunity to enhance your selling potential. eBay’s market research tool allows you to search up to 90 days of historical eBay’s listing in order to measure the market or the optimal price the products you sell. This tool answers questions like, “what is the average price of the item I am selling?” and “at what rate do they sell?” eBay’s market research tool can help you determine what to sell.
Using the market research tool you will want to analyze the Sell Thru Rate (STR), the average price per sale, and the total number of sales in the last 30 days. You can determine the STR by looking at the total number of successful auctions and dividing by the total number of auctions for that period. A market that has an STR above 50% and has more than 1,000 sales in 30 days is worth entering. With any business, the trick is to buy low and sell high.
In other words, you want to find markets with lots of demand and little competition and sell the item at a price that will make you a profit. This sounds like a simple concept however, many people struggle when it comes to executing it. Consider your strategy for buying products that will warrant a profit when you mark it up but still has appeal to your market. Luckily you can find wholesalers right on eBay. Most subcategories host listings for wholesalers who sell products in that same category.
This seems like great deal of prep work just so you can earn money online working at home but it’s the only way you will earn money online working at home on ebay. Getting the research done is crucial to you long term success. It’s what sets apart the fly-by-night businesses from those that are here-to-stay. Before you register for you eBay seller’s account and set up your store do your research. Everything else runs much smoother when you know exactly what you are doing.
Last Updated on Thursday, 20 October 2011 01:52 Written by admin Monday, 16 November 2009 02:25
Before you jump into working from home program you should consider the following. There a lot of pitch pages that will urge you to buy and paint a very pretty picture such as, â€œmake a six figure income working only 30minâ€.
1) Do not fall prey to over hyped scams. This is not to say that all the programs you come across will be scams but there are a lot of them out there. Yes getting a great deal on a great product is well, great but you wonâ€™t know if it a great if unless you do your research.
2) What are other people saying about this program or product? Is there someone you can contact for more information, is there more than one way to contact them? A reputable work at home program offers more than just a program they should give support. You need to know as much as you can before you jump into working from home program. This may become your business. You will need to know it inside out in order to be successful at it.
3) If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. A lot of times people assume hat because it is the internet you do not need to actually work. Some work from home opportunities suggest that you will make a six figure income for doing next to nothing. If you ever see working from home program that sayâ€™s anything about you being a millionaire, in no time, without doing any work, turn away, itâ€™s a scam.
4) The bottom line is online and offline businesses are not that different. People have to be buying your product or service or else you donâ€™t make money. You could never set up shop somewhere offline and expect to make six figures a week without putting in the hours, advertising and promoting your business, giving good customer service, seeking new customers and looking for ways to stay ahead of the competition. What makes you think this is possible with an online working from home program.
5) You donâ€™t want to reinvent the wheel when you are a complete novice. The internet is a fast paced instrument. Moving too far from what everyone else is doing can cost you profits. Thatâ€™s why starting up with a work from home program that already has all the tools you need is ideal.
6) However, you generally are looking for working from home so you can be your own boss, have flexible hours and spend more time with your family. If your work from home program has you making someone else a lot of money but youâ€™re not seeing a dime or if you are spending less time with your family than you hoped for, you may want to rethink working with them. Working from home can feel like another day job if the program doesnâ€™t offer you the support you need.
7) There are a lot of free programs out there and many of them are credible and effective for generating an income from home. However, you need to dispel the myth that you can make it online without investing some money. It takes money to make it. This is not to say that you have to fork over a lot of cash in order to be successful but you do need to keep in mind that at some point you will have to spend some money if you truly want to work from home.
Working from home is a great solution for many people. As long as you do your research before joining a program and keep in mind that you will have to work at it if you want to be successful, working from home really can be the best ways to generate an income.
Last Updated on Thursday, 20 October 2011 04:55 Written by admin Saturday, 14 November 2009 12:20
Can you imagine a business in the off-line world running 100% on free advertising? Very few of them would succeed over the long haul with this approach and not use work from home paid advertising.
However it is amazing how many Internet marketers try to run their business without spending any money. Is it any wonder there is such a high failure rate for business models such as affiliate marketing and network marketing?
One area where Internet businesses could use work from home paid advertising more effectively is to hire someone to do it for you.
For example in both affiliate marketing and network marketing there are co-op advertising programs available where all of your marketing is done directly for you. This can be some of the best money you spend because you pay for results without having to go through the trial and error of finding what works yourself.
Many of these co-op programs are designed to generate leads or prospects for a specific business opportunity. However there are many others that are designed to generate leads or prospects on a generic basis that you then follow-up with with your specific business opportunity.
If you have ever tried to generate leads or customers yourself you know it can be expensive to do. Using work from home paid advertising to take care of this for you allows you to do other things in your business that you might enjoy even more.
Every Internet business owner should take a closer look at how they can use work from home paid advertising more effectively to grow their own business. Many times this will be the best money you spend to move your business forward.
Last Updated on Monday, 9 November 2009 01:02 Written by admin Monday, 9 November 2009 01:02
If you are trying to earn extra money for the holiday then a free work at home business may be the answer. This time of year is a great time to start a home business as more people use online shops and resources to get their holiday needs met. In addition to the growth of online shoppers, there also becomes a growth in online free work at home business seekers, making it a good time of year to join a free income opportunity that you can later offer to others. Below are some great ways to get involved in a free work at home business this holiday season.
1. Affiliate programs: The growing number of companies online has sky rocketed the number of affiliate programs available. These are free programs that allow you to help merchants sell their products and services.
Think of it as being a elf that directs people to products they not have heard of or that theyâ€™ve been seeking for. Every industry offers an affiliate program, from travel industries to telephone companies. Moreover, there are several options within that industry so you can find the right company for you to promote.
Weight loss companies are highly profitable this time of year as people try to shrink down for upcoming Christmas parties, as are internet marketing companies since people like you want to earn extra for the holidays.
How much you earn in affiliate marketing depends on you, as clichÃ© as that may sound, but even an extra couple hundred dollars will ease the holiday bills. Plus, itâ€™s work you do inside your own home at your convenience. You are a business owner as an affiliate marketer.
The greatest benefit with affiliate marketing is long after the holiday season is over, you still have a business set up to generate passive income.
2. Home based companies: Companies need extra help this time of year, which is why jobs such as customer support, telemarketing, and those looking for freelancers are great free work at home business options.
While these are considered jobs, they fall in the business category because you are your own boss. You work the hours you want. This is perfect for those who have jobs outside the home or are busy trying to get all their holiday shopping done.
The pay varies but you can earn a good part time income. Beware of scams in these fields however. Avoid companies that ask you to pay any kind of fee, or require your credit card at any time. As I mentioned before these are considered jobs, thus, you need to apply but you should never have to pay for a position with a free home based company.
Above are the two major free work at home business options to earn some extra money this holiday season. Always do your research before working with any company, and opt for those in industries you have experience or a high interest in as this will help you make money faster.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 3 November 2009 11:25 Written by admin Tuesday, 3 November 2009 11:22
In marketing there is an old saying that you sell the sizzle not the steak. In these tough economic times work at home self-employment is a dream for many people.
If your business is to help people become sufficient at work at home self employment you are better off to concentrate on selling the sizzle and not the steak. Let me explain further!
The sizzle is the dream of working at home for yourself. The steak is a specific opportunity that can make that dream come true. The mistake most marketers make is they promote the opportunity and not the dream.
Really good Internet advertising is where you see pictures of people sitting by a swimming pool working on their computer, fancy cars, exotic vacations, and so on. This helps people to dream and dream big. It’s fun.
Really bad Internet advertising is where people try to tell everything about how great their program is right in the ad itself. Generally these campaigns fail.
Most effective advertising offers sizzle and includes a sign-up form. This is nothing more than an enticement for the reader to trade their name and email address for more information about the potential of working for themselves.
Today many people are losing their jobs or are unemployed right now. The concept of selling the sizzle is effective even for them. You have to make your opportunity exciting and get your prospects name and email address for future follow-up.
There is plenty of time for people to review your business opportunity once they have subscribed. Plus this gives you the opportunity to personally follow up and learn more about why they dream of work at home self employment.